Monday, August 25, 2014

August 17, 2014 – I’m Free - Cast is Gone! - Week 7 in Sibu Jaya

This week was pretty good. First off want to apologize, I managed to forget my card reader again....

Anyway, Monday was hectic. After emailing we went down to a photo print shop to print pictures and such.

Tuesday and Wednesday we met with a lot of people so Elders Chan and Hill could say goodbye. Also on Wednesday morning my cast came off!!! There was a lot of dead skin.  Now my wrist is just way stiff. Less stiff than it was, and it’s getting better. Also a bit skinny and white...

Monday morning Elder Chan went to Miri and at about 5 Elder Kavapalu came from Miri. He is in the same group as Elder Lafontaine, he hasa about 5 1/2 months left. He is from Australia but his family is from Tonga. He played a lot of rugby. You’re going to have to wait until next week to see a picture...

Lulong, Ida and Talot are doing good. They have been praying and Talot read a little. They also said they would come to church but never showed. We will see them again this week.

Phillip is doing well.

Sigai went to Kapit last week after church and hasn’t come back yet.

John is doing alright.

I’m getting tripped out right now. Someone down the row of computers is listening to a grunge/heavy metal song that I remember particularly liking before the mission. Anyway, it’s making me uncomfortable now.... I guess I didn’t really realize how much more sensitive to the Holy Ghost I have become.

This Sister Nayen and her husband Donny came to church for the first time since I have been here. She is the primary president, having lived in Kuala Lumpur she can speak English and was able to translate for Sister Mills leaving me in a supportive roll. It was very nice, good to have a break.

Anyway the week has been good and I look forward to getting a lot done this week.

Sounds like fun Adam! That’s way cool David!!!

Love,

Elder Halpin

No comments:

Post a Comment