Monday, April 14, 2014

April 13, 2014 – Transfers, New Elders - Week 13 in Kuching

April 13, 2014 – Transfers, New Elders - Week 13 in Kuching

This week was good if a bit slow. So we moved as you know on Monday and we cleaned the old house on Tuesday. We organized the new house on Wednesday.

We managed to get a few appointments in on Tuesday and another on Wednesday. Anyway the new Elders arrived on Thursday. They don’t yet have bikes, they are on the way. On Saturday and Sunday we had general conference. I watched in Malay but will watch in English over the next few days. It was pretty good. I’m to the point where I understand all the general gist of what’s being said but not all the words yet. There were some good ones, Elder Holland, I think Elder Christofferson and some others I really enjoyed.

I also had quite a few firsts last week. On Tuesday while riding back from our appointments I saw fireflies for the first time. They were on a palm tree and looked like Christmas lights. Also I ate a Sago worm for the first time, it was the fried variety… It actually was ok once I got over the fact I was eating a grub. Also on a less fortunate note, I am currently legitimately sick for the first time right now. I developed a headache and fever of 101 last night and woke up this morning with no fever but still a headache and a non severe stomach bug... So yeah fun stuff. First headache I have ever had in my life. Luckily one of the sisters had the anti headache essential oil and it actually has worked.

Anyway, so about splitting the area. It means 2 things. First the number of people, both members and non members, has been cut in half.... Second it also means that we can focus more effort on both finding and working with the less active members. We will see how it goes. We are all living in the new house, it’s pretty big and a little too much for us. The new Elders are pretty cool, I think they will do good work.

Sounds good with the Garments.

Being sick this morning I did not transfer my pictures.... Next week I promise you another 3 week bunch of photos. There will be some good ones.

Adam I saw the preview for winter soldier in a cafe we were eating at, it looks pretty sick.

Also what happened to the rototiller?

Also, Elder Coloma is now in my old area in Matang, if anyone can make it in Matang it will be him.

Love you guys a lot, Miss you!

Elder Halpin

No comments:

Post a Comment