Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 1, 2015 – Farewell Testimony… - Week 5 in Sabah

Apa Khabar? Nama gaga s'ari tu?

This week was hectic. We really weren’t able to get anything done.

So on Monday we had family home evening with the Chua family, it was way fun! They are really cool. Brother Chua was the old Branch President, Ching is leaving on a mission to temple square on the 27th of March, and Stenlee and Vivi are getting ready to turn in their mission papers.

On Tuesday we met with brother Sakarius. He is from Indonesia and was baptized about 2 years ago. He is way sick, has a way strong testimony. He has been in Indonesia for the last 4ish months and just got back. It took us a bit to find his house. We had to sneak through 3 holes in fences to get there.

Zone conference was pretty good. We watched Meet the Mormons as the pre zone conference activity. It was really good.

The actual zone conference training was alright.

My departing testimony I’m afraid was rather lackluster... You see, I had thought of a few things I wanted to talk about but I got way nervous, overly nervous. On top of that it wasn’t until I was sitting on the stand that it hit me that my mission was almost done. So then I was just way teared up. Anyway I managed to say couple things and then I just had to close it and sit down.

The after training was way good. Elder Bagley, one of the senior couples in West Malaysia, provided training. He restores and flies World War 2 warbirds. He talked about an experience he had several years back when his plane burst into flames a little after takeoff. He related it to our missions and lives after our missions. Really cool.

Anyway, the rest of the week all of our plans fell through and we weren’t able to do anything. This coming week should be way good though!!!! We did run into a college student who is a member from Kuching though! Way cool. Hopefully we can meet with him and bring him to church again.

Sincerely,

Elder Halpin


The flatts we are knocking, 
unfortunately as you can see, 
they are the property of the true Jesus church...


A bay with the sun and water Kampung.

No comments:

Post a Comment