Sunday, January 11, 2015

December 8, 2014 – Last Week Here??? - Week 24 in Sibu Jaya

So this week went well.

Miss you lots guys.

We arrived in Singapore about 2 hours ago, we are here for zone conference. We will be heading back on Wednesday.

Elder Blackwelder is from a small town near Cincinnati Ohio. He has been out just over a year now. He’s way gung-ho, way game for local food (he just eats more of the sketchier dishes, that’s why he gets sick).

It wasn’t the first snake I have eaten but was the first time I have cooked it. It tastes like really gamey chicken/fish sort of.

The Christmas tree sounds nice. I set up my nativity set you sent me earlier this week,

Yes, I’ll send you a letter Mom.

Also, tell Brother Waters I’m interested in that job, as in I want it. Still not quite sure if I want to extend, President Mains has asked us to talk to him 3 months before our date if we want to extend, so I’ll have to figure that out in the next 2 months. When I get home, I figure I’ll just work non-stop and when I’m not working I’ll be getting my math skills re sharpened so I can pass that test at SFCC and get my AA (and do anything else I need to). Then transfer to wherever. The 2 main things I got to do fast is that I got to get money and I got to get out (as into school). If I don’t I’ll probably just vegetate and end up living in the root cellar.....  That’s about all the planning I’ve done.

Kenneth wasn’t able to be baptized this week because of the accident (just delayed until next week) but Eugenia was. Her whole family was able to come, it was pretty cool.

Faska is doing well, I think he will meet his date.

Michael went back to his ship this week. He took a Book of Mormon and said he would read it though.

Sibu Jaya is great. I might only have 1 week left, next week being transfers. If I leave I’m really going to miss it. I really hope they don’t whitewash the area.

Time is weird, it’s slow and then fast all at once. The more you try to slow it down the faster it goes. Also, if you zip about it ends up speeding up. So the best plan therefore is to flow with it, staying busy up until the point where you’re almost rushing. That’s the best. You get back to the house and you can’t really remember without really trying to think about it what you did that morning or exactly who all you visited. You just feel accomplished, not stressed at all, very nice.

5 minutes left.

Don’t have much time or a way to send pictures, sorry.
  
Anyway, love you guys,

Sincerely

Elder Halpin


No comments:

Post a Comment